A Guide To The Best Folding Techniques For Clothing
Folding clothes strategically can save up some time and space in your wardrobe. Learn with Marie Kondo and her KonMari method how to do it.
Having your wardrobe and clothes so organized and tidy that you feel like you’re in a department store feels like a dream? Well, if you aren’t much of an organizer by nature, you can still develop the skill.
Finding your favorite pair of pants or green sweater in your messy drawer doesn’t have to be a mission. Learn now with Marie Kondo how to fold shirts, pants, sweaters, socks, or whatever is lying around your closet neatly and beautifully.
How To Fold Sweaters and Hoodies
If you don’t have the space to hang your hoodies and sweaters, you should learn how to fold them properly, otherwise, they’ll take most of the drawer’s space.
- Fold the arms in across the sweater, parallel to the hem.
- Fold each side partway in.
- Then fold it lengthwise.
How To Fold Socks
I know, it seems like a no-brainer. But if you have lost as many socks as I have, you’ll want to know how to fold them properly.
At first, this method might feel counterintuitive, but just follow what she says.
- Lay each sock perpendicular to each other.
- Bring the toe of the bottom sock across the other.
- Tuck on the top of that same sock across and repeat with the other one.
- Fold the two ends, then form a square.
How To Fold a T-Shirt
Fold your tees as Marie teaches on this video and keep them neater and organize them in a way that lets you see your entire collection at once.
- Fold the arms part and do the same for the opposite side
- Then fold it in half.
- Fold in one third and make it into a rectangle.
How To Fold Pants
Just like hoodies, pants (especially jeans) can take up loads of space. Store them horizontally and pack more pants in your drawers.
- Fold the pants in half with the back pockets facing out.
- Bring the bottom of the legs in the direction of the top.
- Then fold the pants into thirds.