Nobody likes getting caught off-guard. As such, we’ve compiled a comprehensive list of things you should pack for your honeymoon.
When it comes to packing for the honeymoon, you might want to pack everything but not everything. But heavy luggage can weigh you down, and light packing might leave you stranded.
But before we get carried away, ensure that before you leave, make sure a family member or trusted friends have your itinerary, hotel phone numbers, physical copies of your passport, and credit cards. Also, add a sealed copy of your wills, life insurance policy numbers, and appropriate financial information.
Wherever you might be traveling, the very first thing to have stashed in your bags is a form of identification. Then, when it comes to photocopies, ideally make two of your essential document: one you’ll carry with you, the other will stay at the hotel.
- ID/Driver’s license and passport (including two copies)
- Cash and credit cards
- Booking confirmations saved in your phone (and two copies)
- Luggage tags
- Copies of Your Health Insurance
- Copies of related medical and trip insurance coverage.
- Emergency contact information: Keep a card in your wallet with numbers to contact your family or trusted friend. Also, keep useful numbers like your credit card provider and the nearest American embassy
- Prescription medication (in its original bottle)
- Chargers for your devices (possibly also an outlet adapter)
- A camera (or a phone with a decent camera)
The key to packing smart is to be economical with your space. When it comes to toiletries, try to pack the travel-sized bottles to save as much possible space.
- Pack a small handy bag of first aid essentials (include pain relief, band-aids, antacids, antihistamine, aspirin, insect repellent, anti-itch ointment, diarrhea medicine, tweezers)
- Feminine hygiene products
- Skincare products
- Haircare products
- Bodycare products
- Makeup bag
- Contact lenses, re-wetting solution, and storage case.
- Shaving cream
- Cotton balls and swabs
The clothing you pack is largely dependant on where you’re going, what you plan to do, and what season it is where you are. But this is a basic guideline of general things not to forget.
- 1-2 bathing suits
- Something warm for nippy nights (or days)
- Jeans you can be dressed up or down
- A hat
- Special lingerie
- Accessories (scarves, earrings, etc.)
- Tote bag to take to the beach, pool, or safari
- A waterproof bag or Ziplock bags (for packing wet/dirty clothes)
- Board games
- Swiss Army knife
It is important not to forget anything as some honeymoon destinations are remote and do not have many shops nearby.